Watermelon Cucumber Salad
My watermelon cucumber salad is the ULTIMATE party side dish. Every person gets excited to eat something so delicious, colorful and healthy. Yes, even at parties.. you’d be surprised at how many people gravitate towards the fresh fruit and vegetables. This recipe is easy to make and requires little ingredients. And, the leftovers are the best part! I have easily ate a bowl of this as my lunch as it is so filling and nutritious.
The ingredients are minimal! I love using this “feta” cheese as it is made from coconut. It tastes extremely good for being a dairy free option. I bought the cucumbers from our local farmer’s market in Detroit. I love to get my produce from farmers because they are almost ALWAYS the best tasting, cheapest, and of course to support local.
WATERMELON CUCUMBER SALAD
Serves: 10-15 servings
Time: 15 minutes
whole watermelon (medium sized)
2 1/2 - 3 cucumbers
2 packages of Violife Dairy Free Feta (not sponsored)
2-4 TBSP chopped mint leaves
1/3 cup of olive oil
1) Chop watermelon into cubes, cucumbers into slices (cut into 1/4s), and feta into cubes. Dice mint to small pieces.
2) Mix cucumber, watermelon, feta and mint together in a bowl. Toss so they are mixed well. Squeeze 1/2 of your lemon on the top of the mix and pour about half of the olive oil on top as well.
3) Toss the mixture until coated.
4) Squeeze remaining lemon on the mix and the rest of the olive oil and toss one more time. The feta might begin to break into smaller pieces, but that is ok!
5) Refrigerate until ready to eat!
I hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend no matter where you are, who you’re with, and what you’re doing. I was able to run a virtual 5K with my family and did extremely well with an 8:30 pace. We spent the entire afternoon at their community pool and swam in the sun. To end the night, we grilled out with my grandparents and their road let off fireworks. It was a good night.